Phoenix Air Conditioner (A/C) Services
72 Degrees is a full service A/C repair contracting company located in Phoenix, Arizona. There is no A/C problem we can’t solve through repair or replacement. Please give us a call today to schedule service for A/C repair or schedule an appointment to discuss the most efficient new A/C systems for your home or business.
HVAC equipment is very complex and requires special training to replace and install. Some people may try to fix an A/C Unit on their own without hiring a professional, it’s often not a good idea. We recommend hiring a professional who is licensed and insured to protect you. At 72 Degrees we have the skill and experience required to keep your family safe by providing the best A/C replacement service available.
Air Conditioning (A/C)
In the Phoenix, AZ desert, having a functioning Air Conditioner (A/C) unit is critical. With temperatures rising above 110° in the summer months, a home without A/C can become extremely uncomfortable and potentially dangerous for pets, children and the elderly. That’s why 72 Degrees Air Conditioning & Heating’s 24/7 service will respond quickly to your needs and get a technician out fast, often in the same day, so you can sleep cool and easy.
Air Conditioner (A/C) Repair
The weather in the Phoenix desert is not a friend to your A/C. Most air conditioning units are manufactured to function in outside temperatures up to 100 degrees Fahrenheit and to keep your home about 20 degrees cooler inside than the outside temperature. Here in Phoenix, our summers can get up to 120 degrees! When temperatures go over 100, your cooling system begins becomes progressively more inefficient, using increased amounts of energy as the system attempts to cool your home, and the mechanical parts of the unit begin to malfunction.
These kinds of extreme heat conditions result in an A/C unit that constantly runs in an attempt to bring down the interior temperatures of your home. The air filters within the inside unit filter more dust and debris, clogging more quickly than normal. The fan on the exterior unit accumulates debris faster as it constantly revolves. Be sure to replace the inside filter at least once a month. Turn off the unit, and clean exterior fans with a long-handled brush. These things can help to extend the life of your air conditioning unit and stave off any A/C repairs.
Air Conditioner (A/C) Replacement
All air conditioning replacement by 72 Degrees are done by licensed air conditioning contractors who will help you select the best new A/C unit for your home. As your air conditioner gets older there comes a point where repair and maintenance costs become disproportionate and you will actually save money by purchasing a new unit.
There are a number of warning signs that will pop up to let you know it’s time for a complete HVAC overhaul:
- Frequent repairs – One of the most obvious signs that it’s time for an A/C replacement is the need for constant repairs, especially when those repairs get progressively more expensive.
- Temperature inconsistencies – Temperature inconsistencies in your home is another sign that it may be time for A/C replacement. If there are rooms in your home that can’t stay cool while you have rooms that are releasing too much air, you may have one of three problems; air conditioner malfunction, poor insulation, or issues with the duct work.
- The age of your HVAC – The most common reason that people need air conditioner repair happens to also be one of the simplest, age. The average A/C unit in America lasts 15-20 years, but in desert climates such as Phoenix, the life span is on the low end of that scale. Once your AC turns 10, you should start thinking about and planning for A/C replacement. Replacing an aging and worn-out air conditioner can actually have a number of benefits including increased energy efficiency (resulting in lower electric bills), improved indoor air quality, and reduced carbon emissions.
One of the best things about new units is their efficiency which saves you money on electricity and helps to preserve the environment. Depending on the age of your existing air conditioner a new one could be up to 40% more efficient according to Energy.gov.
Air Conditioner (A/C) Installation
A/C Installations need to be handled by a licensed expert. When summer is starting to heat up and it is time to look for a new air conditioning system, call 72 Degrees. Our Phoenix A/C Installation experts can also help you with any type of A/C Installation or air conditioning repair. Finding the right contractor can be a daunting process, so we make it easy by combining high quality parts and backing every new installation with our AM/PM customer satisfaction guarantee.
Our A/C installation professionals have done the research for you and can help you select the best A/C system based on your needs. We can help you find out what type of new Phoenix A/C unit works best in your home with the following:
- Find the right size unit for your home
- Review SEER ratings to help get the most efficient unit for your dollars
- Discuss integration into an existing HVAC unit
Our A/C installation service technicians are knowledgeable and are happy to answer any questions you have during the installation process. Whether it is new construction or just replacing an old Phoenix air conditioner, 72 Degrees has the suppliers and discounts to get you the best new A/C unit for your money.